Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Voice Thread

I was exploring Voice Thread a little more and found a cool new way to use this tool in the classroom. Since I teach third grade and not all of my students have access to an email account, I thought it would be cool to create a "Theme Thread" for whatever topic we are discussing using my account. Then I would have students continue to add threads to the account with  them reading their own writing. This could serve two purposes, one is that it would give students an opportunity to practice speaking skills by presenting their work, and two it would provide students with an authentic audience as this link could be shared on our classroom webpage for their parents to see and hear (with a password for security of course). I like this idea, because if my school is not able to purchase a license for VoiceThread, then this gives us an alternative to using this tool instead of just throwing it out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment